All matches

No matches on this day.

All news

Article

Sudden developments threaten Trezeguet's move to the Saudi league.

Via FilGoal

Related match

The Saudi League Association revealed on Thursday that 4 out of 18 clubs are currently not allowed to make new signings, as they have not met the requirements of the financial control regulations, including Al-Riyadh Club, which wishes to sign Mahmoud Hassan "Trezeguet" from Al-Ahly.

Trezeguet

Club: Al-Ahly

Al-Riyadh Al-Ahly

The Saudi Al-Riyadh Club has reached an agreement with Al-Ahly to sign Trezeguet during the summer transfer window, according to Saudi reports (details).

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper reported that the association confirmed that all clubs that meet the approved financial and procedural requirements can complete their signings naturally, according to unified standards applied to everyone without exception.

The association's clarification came in response to inquiries about the mechanism of the financial control committee's work, the procedures followed for approving new signings, the nature of the standards adopted by the committee, in addition to the circulating questions about the varying ability of clubs to complete their deals, and the extent of the impact of financial control procedures on club movements during the current summer transfer window.

The report stated that Al-Shabab and Al-Riyadh are among the four clubs currently not allowed to make new signings, after failing to meet the requirements of the financial control regulations.

According to the report, the financial control committee held several meetings with the officials of the two clubs, providing them with the necessary guidance and observations to enable them to complete the required conditions. However, they failed to present a financial plan that meets the approved standards, due to the size of the financial obligations they have, which prevented them from obtaining approval to complete their player signings during the current transfer window.

The association confirmed that any club with financial capability according to the financial control regulations, and that adheres to the approved procedures, can complete its signings naturally, clarifying that all Saudi league clubs have been aware of these procedures for more than a year, and the mechanism is explained to them regularly and continuously, making them clear and announced procedures for all clubs.

It added that clubs facing high financial challenges, or that do not meet the requirements stipulated in the regulations, do not receive approval to make new signings that may result in financial obligations they cannot fulfill in the future, and what may result from that in contractual disputes or penalties, emphasizing that the regulations are applied to all clubs with the same standards and without any exception.

A few days ago, Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper revealed that Al-Riyadh Club had already reached an agreement with Al-Ahly to purchase Trezeguet's contract.

And that the Saudi club is close to reaching an agreement with Trezeguet on personal contract terms.

It also confirmed that the Egyptian player has a desire to experience playing in the Saudi league.

The newspaper expects the deal to be officially completed after the end of Egypt's participation in the World Cup.

A source from Al-Ahly previously told FilGoal.com: "What is being said about Trezeguet waiving $300,000 and moving to Al-Riyadh is not true."

He added, "Negotiations are still ongoing between all parties, waiting to reach a final agreement and complete the deal."

Saudi sports newspaper previously reported that Al-Riyadh's management reaching an agreement with Al-Ahly and Trezeguet depends on an amount of one and a half million dollars.

The report added that negotiations have not yet reached an agreement, due to financial differences between the offer made and the financial value each demands.

The report explained that Al-Riyadh's offer reached one million dollars for Al-Ahly, half a million less than what the club requires to agree to complete the deal.

Meanwhile, the Saudi club's management offers Trezeguet a contract worth two million dollars, while the player requires 3 million to complete the signing.

The 31-year-old winger is under contract with Al-Ahly until the summer of 2030.

Trezeguet joined Al-Ahly in the last summer transfer window coming from Trabzonspor, Turkey.

Trezeguet was developed at Al-Ahly before moving on to several experiences outside Egypt.

Trezeguet participated in 32 matches during the past season with Al-Ahly, scoring 18 goals and assisting one.

The 31-year-old player won the top scorer award in the African Champions League for the past season by scoring 6 goals.

Related news